Monday, March 24, 2008

Ah, Pakcik Teksi!

"Kita pemandu teksi, susah nak cari makan."
The attitude speaks for itself. With the ease of public buses and railway systems, people can easily get to everywhere their destination is. Either, people prefer to drive themselves at times. Taking taxis is only the last resort, the final resort I can say. Why?
Happened today that I was at Hentian Serdang wanting to take a cab back home which is about 500m away. The distance is walkable but due to the hot weather, I thought maybe I can take the cab instead of walking. Beside the public toilet was the taxi drivers' common area, where they gather. I walked to the group of taxi drivers and one of them asked me if I need a ride home. I say Yes, my destination is Sri Serdang (500m away). Normally it costs RM5 for that 500m ride home. I am wiling to pay that unworthy charges, I dont mind but none is willing to fetch. He asked me to wait till he gets full, 4 customers, then he'll move. Ah, Pakcik Taxi! 500m away is only 5 minutes to and fro!! And you'll earn RM5 and it is more than enough to cover the cost for that distance. Yet, they doesn't prioritize their customer and the little amount of profit rather than nothing. They prefer to sit and chat non-sense down there and make you wait like stupid fool. Well, I have my alternative though, I walked home despite the hot sun. Its only 10minutes. These greedy taxi driver have forgotten that the distance is walkable, and they simply lost a profitable business by 'lepak-ing' beside the longkang.
This is only one of example of unethical taxi driver. Taxi driver who rapes, cheat. etc are the destroyer of the innocent taxi driver community creating the bad impression on all. So why does taxi driver complains that they cant earn a living? Like I say, the attitude tells it all. Once cheated, twice suffered. Sorry for the good taxi driver out there, but the uncivilised one are way too much. No short-cut for big money Pakcik. To earn a living, we must struggle. Peribahasa melayu ada mengatakan "sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit". Oleh itu, rezeki yang sedikit jangan ditolak. RM5 sekali, kalau 10 kali dapat RM50. Kalau rezeki tidak mahu diangkat, 10 kali dah hilang RM50. Cukup untuk rokok 10 bungkus, pakcik!

No comments: