Saturday, April 12, 2008

Flood a year back

Though it has been a year, I just want to share this over what happened back in 2006. I'm so sorry for mommy and daddy for not helping over the clearing up. I knew you both did very hard especially daddy who has his leg bruised while the water raised and they have to quickly evacuate as the dawn came.
I remembered very clear this history at home. I was undergoing internship at Ernst & Young Malacca. December 18,19 and 20 marks the heavy downpour in Malacca non-stop day and night. For nowhere the water could flow, the damp in Machap is going to burst. As with no choice the authority let open the damp gate to allow the water to flow and thus residential garden where my house is considered the nearest. December 20th morning, I was at Farmbest Food Industry doing audit. Mom was at JB working while dad is alone left at home. Mom gave me a call telling me that our house has been flooded. Without further elaborating, I thought that it was a minor case as I do not came across the thought that the water level would raise to the very bad level. So I continued with my work. Mom was then on the way rushed home from JB. When we off work at bout 6pm, we got stuck at Cheng as there was a slight landslide. We then diverted into Tmn Merdeka. To my shocked, cars were parking at higher areas along the roadside, and I saw entrance to my kampung has been blocked and that policemen was everywhere. After many of u-turn and diverts, we manage to get out of the flooding zone and I get back to my old house where my parents is. They told me what happened. Daddy got his leg bruised while walking out to the main road as he cant see the road that was already covered up with muddy flood water. Mom and dad managed to drive the car out in the tyred-covered-by-water situation. Duh... Malaysian made car (Proton Wira) not that bad okay.... They seen many better cars got stuck along way. Everyday, dad will fetch mom in a bike to see the flood condition, it took 2 days for the water to subside and that we are allowed to get in. These are few pictures of the flood water subsided and that we are allowed to get into our home.


My home garden.
Saw the water level stain at the wall? That was the maximum raise of the water while we r being evacuated.




My Kampung road. Water subsiding.




Our tong sampah is missing!
It floats to elsewhere....




Derasnya..........


Water subsided and flows to town area that started flooding.... This is Jalan Kilang.

No comments: